Saturday, August 16, 2008

The First Date

Alright, it hasn't been two weeks and I already got my first date out of the way. Well, I should probably give all credit to Mere because I wouldn't have done any of it without some encouragement from her. I was planning on Mere setting everything up but like a parent making a child learn something on his own, she made me call and set it up. I think the phone call was the most nervous part of the day behind watching Michael Phelps make a comeback in the butterfly. So the four of us; Brandon, Mere, Brooke and I went out to Carino's, a nice Italian restaurant. We followed that up by some intense gaming at the Carlile residence. I think we all had some pretty good laughs, especially the girls. Once we got bored of that, we all became glued to the TV for the Phelps' show. Basically, since I already knew Brooke, it was a good "ease me back into the dating scene that I was never in before." It was like a pre-season or non-conference game. I gotta get ready because things will start to count when the regular season rolls around Sept. 8th.

9 comments:

lesley said...

Your new goal: a girl companion for the yellowstone trip.

Brandon said...

Andy you have to admit the "wise or otherwise" game is really one of a kind. I second Les's motion for the yellowstone trip...good luck!

Triz said...

Attaboy Droid. Keep on pimpin'. We'll see you and a honey in September for Y-stone.

Evan said...

Driod I really liked the pre-season analogy, nicely put. Hope you are continuing those 6 mile runs daily. We really will need you to be aggressive off the ball on both the O and D line. Don't worry the O-line gets the most balls thrown their way. And in regards to the dating scene, you can count on Ev and Whit to give you at least a couple of blind dates/month. See you soon bro!

Unknown said...

I'm sure Micah would love to go on a date with you. I know of another gal for you. You can find her.

Tolman Family said...

So if your interested, I know of some beautiful girls located in Rexburg. One in particular that I would love her to marry my bother-in-law because she's so awesome but they won't so I'll pass her on to you :)

The Winns said...

Hey bro, time for a new post!

The Winns said...

Nice work on the first date Droid, but I'd like to see more progress. By the way, why was Halloween 2008 not a choice for when you should b married. C'mon you know that is sounding nice. Get to work!

Adrienne said...

I'm glad I could be there for the historic event. Glad to see you've joined the blogging world, althought I think it's about time for a new post. Homework, schomework.