Sunday, September 14, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summertime!

So it's crazy that I have already been home over a month now and summer has come to a close. However, in that month I was able to have a lot of fun and spend time with family and friends.


GOLFING

Alright, so of course I had to get my fair share of golfing in before I could go back to school. There was first the Winn Fam and Friends Invitational. I'm hoping to make this some kind of regular event but we will see. No I didn't win. I actually whiffed the golf ball about 15 of my 20 first swings. However, with practice I was able to make steady progress and I improved 8 shots the next time I played with Brad on a "business" outing. (Actually it consisted of the two of us and his old bishop with a buddy.) Then Tevita took me out for a round at Trysting Tree. I managed to shoot in the low eighties and I was crushing the ball. This last Friday, Evan and I played 9 at the good old Rexburg Municpal Course. Here are a few pics and video that I was able to capture.










Pics: Bossman and Anthony with their golfing hats, Evan bored from the slow twosome in front of us and Brad doing what Brad does. The funny thing is that there is a biker only 20 yards away from him and moving towards him.


Concerts


In the last month, I went to two concerts. The first was the Jack Johnson concert up in St. Helens. It was a good pick for my first concert because it was nice and chill. He sounded really good live but didn't put on much of a show due to his style of music. I went with Twon and we met up with some of his friends from the UofO. The second concert was with Twon and Rebecca, a friend from Oregon, and we went and saw Kutless. They are a Christian rock group that is originally out of Albany and the concert was free so we checked it out. We all had a good time but it was exactly my cup of tea. It was a bunch of Christian groups and it was put on by a Evangelists who talked for an hour or so. It was a good experience for me to see how other Christians worship and what not.
































Luau


Thanks to Tanya and Tevita, I went to a Luau at their house-warming party. The house looks great due to the great work done by the hands D.R. Winn Construction. They had a DJ and even inflatable toys. Tevita even recruited the Oregon State D-line to cook the pig. They weren't too happy when I came strolling in with my bright yellow Duck Country t-shirt on. It was a pretty fun party and some dang good food. Riley duking it out with a kid from our ward and the OSU d-line.























Portland


I made two trips up to Portland to stay with Brad, Mandy and kids. I was up there for about 5 days. I was up there for Hailey's first birthday and then Brad and I went golfing. I was also introduced to the wii system. I'll just say I'm not a huge fan if Kaya can knock the crap out of me on the boxing game. However, I did comeback and beat her and Brad at the golfing came. I went with Mandy and kids to OMSI and checked out some pretty cool stuff there. One of these pics is a picture of Mandy if she were 20 years older. That was just one of the many exhibits at OMSI. During the second trip, I followed Brad around for a day on the job as a corporate real estate. We took people on tours all around town showing them warehouses and what not. I don't think its my cup of tea. I could keep myself awake while we were driving in between buildings. The highlight of the day was when we had a business lunch at a sushi place. I wish I could charge $90 meals on the business all the time. I understand how Brad sometimes has challenges with eating out. We could of eaten more but we didn't want to look to fat in front of his clients so we paced ourselves. Then I capped off the night by going to the movies and watching "Dark Knight." Stinkin good movie by the way. One of the videos is Cameron being crazy at the school park. The middle schoolers there thought he was pretty cool.

















4 comments:

Triz said...

Sounds like you've been having fun

Evan said...

I am honored to have made the cut here at Driod's dome. I would like to publically challenge Brad to a GOLF CART-OFF!

The Winns said...

PLEASE take off the picture of Brad peeing. I don't even mind the picture of me when I'm 80, just take off that sick picture of Brad. How embarassing!!!!

Evan said...

time for a new post driod. also add the sports blog as a link. great to have you on board.